Vacation in review
Well, I'm back in California now; my three-week vacation in Washington State has come to an end. I saw so many people and did so many fun things – what a great trip! Having such a long vacation is truly a luxury, and I really appreciated it this time around.
To give you a few of the highlights:
* I learned how to knit! I'm still working on my first scarf, but I'm getting to the point where the activity is much more relaxing than stressful – and I'm getting faster as well.
* I saw a good number of friends, including but not limited to: Richard, Chan, Brandi, Steve, Jessika, Kimmie, Adam, Patty, Steve, Melissa, Camden, Ran, Maria (pictured here during a rousing bout of Wii boxing), David, Eric, Nick, Casey, Michelle, Cait, Julie, Brook, Angela, Tessa, and Noell. Such good times! Seeing so many familiar faces made me feel really at home and gave me good excuses to visit all my favorite restaurants.
* I got my first semester grades back, and graduate school seems to be progressing nicely! I'm super excited for the new semester and can't wait to take classes with the people I came to Berkley to work with. I'm hoping for a really fantastic experience.
* I decided to try to pursue the summer internship opportunity in D.C. Here's hoping it all works out! *crossing fingers*
* I also got to spend a lot of time with my immediate family and a little with my extended family. That's really what the holidays are all about, isn't it?
Anyway, now it's time to settle back in to Berkeley and hopefully get a jump on the upcoming semester. I'm still in the process of making New Year's resolutions for the first time in several years. Here's to the start of another great year!